Sep 15, 2007

So You Want to Run a Marathon Mr. Nelson?

I ran 14 miles today. Its pretty much on to run Philadelphia on the 18Th.
The legs haven't felt too bad during all this running. This last week
especially, I've really hit my stride. When I go for a run, the miles
just fly by. I'm shooting for a four hour time, but I'll be happy with
four and a half.

The really exciting this I've learned during
the last six weeks of training is that I my legs naturally don't go
anaerobic until I push the pace to somewhere around 7:30 miles. This
means that if I could get enough miles in and maintain that pace, I
could run a three and a half hour marathon. With enough speed training,
maybe I could run under three hours.

Of course, all of this is
hypothetical and for now I'm just trying to get my body to put up with
26.2 miles, but running it turning out to be a little bit of fun.

In other news, a 36x16 singlespeed won Chequamegon. Amazing.

No comments: