Jun 19, 2009

Giro di Jersey TT

Today was the start of the Giro di Jersey, a 12 mile rolling time trial. I'm still not the best at time trials, I have no idea how to pace myself. I tried to start easy, since I usually peg it off the line and end up hurting in the second half. I guess I started too easy, because I was passed in the first 2 miles. After that, I used him as a rabbit and I almost immediately caught my 30 second man. I kept going, and got passed again but passed my minute man too. In the end I got 35th place.  Its not as good as I was hoping for, but there were a lot of fast cat 3s.  


Tomorrow is the Rocky Hill road race. Last year it was a ton of fun, the climb is a great place to let it rip and string the whole field out. My climbing hasn't been quite as good this year, but I'm still hoping for good things.

No comments: