Dec 15, 2009

Running

Well faithful readers, I spent a lot of time running this fall. In October I was having a blast and built up to some 30 mile weeks, but a bout of the flu and some unexpected trips sorta slowed things down. It still felt good to mix things up a little bit and slow things down from biking.

Someday, I'd like to run a three hour marathon. I'm not entirely sure why, but three hours seems like a good accomplishment. Its the time Lance ran the first time he did the NYC marathon and its a little faster than the qualifying time for Boston.

Two years ago I ran four hours at Philadelphia and I'm pretty sure I could lop an hour off that with some really good training. I was pumped put in some good miles this fall, but I didn't have the motivation to push through the aches and pains that come with running lots of miles (well, 30 miles is a lot for me). Maybe next year, maybe after that, either way there were times when I felt really good running and I'd like to figure out how to make that happen more often.

No comments: