Apr 8, 2007

I'm Bak!


Its been a long winter. I know I haven't posted much lately, but I'm hoping it'll pick up.


In addition to the usual class and training, I've been working between 20 and 50 hours a week on HPV. Its almost over. We go to competition on Wednesday and the racing is Saturday and Sunday. If I have access to a computer and internet, I'll post updates. Things didn't come together exactly as I expected this year, but we've got strong riders and a well designed bike, so anything is possible.

The collgiate HPV races are sort of... different. Its split between two days: a sprint race on Saturday and an endurance race on Sunday. The sprint course is about a quarter mile long with a 100 meter top speed trap. Each team usually gets like 15 runs('cept for last year) and each run is about a minute of all out effort. The endurance race is a 65 km relay crit, essentially. The loop is tight and fast, usually, and each rider rides between 5 and 20km. Since vehicles are usually considerably faster or slower than one another, drafting is minimal and its basically a TT. Neither race is especially indicative of cycling fitness, since they're such odd distances, but its almost always the first race of the year so its the best I've got. Real races start April 28th, so I'm psyched for that.


Check it out!


No comments: