May 29, 2007

More carbon HPV's

So this post is about amateur composites, not amateur racing, but anywho.....

I was asked by JJ to help build a fairing. How fun! He's got a great shop, all the dirty work has been done, he's got the carbon laying around and he's even paying me(a little). Now I've just got to work out the details of the layup and fit it in with work and, oh yeah, racing. We're going to try to do a multiple stage wet layup, which should be easy, but messy. He's got enough carbon, but we're going easy and going with one layer of 10oz with lots of foam core ribs. I can't wait to get started. Pics to come...

I've been reading everybody's blog and I really regret not racing this weekend. Eppen had a blast in IA and Duluth looked like fun. My weekend was pretty relaxing, but it would have been awesome to get some real racing in. I should have planned things out better.

No comments: