Jan 29, 2008

A few weeks ago, I was complaining about the winter gloves I got this year. Now, I've been doing a lot of riding in cooler temperatures lately (and since I don't want to seem like a big whiner), so I thought I'd write about some of the clothes I've really enjoyed having.

My go to article this year has been my windbreaker from Bellwether (in a toned down blue, not yellow).
Its a lightweight, tightly woven nylon thats just about completly windproof, but it packs down to about the size of a softball. I take it on just about every ride, in case it gets a little cooler than I thought. Its cut perfect too, so it doesn't ride up my arms or flap in the wind.

My Pearl hat is warm and (pretty much) windproof, but still thin enough to bring on every ride. It also comes on every ride.

This is my new favorite:
Its Louis Garneau's cycling version of a track jacket. Nice and warm with fleece on the inside and its totally awesome. Does it do much that a jersey over a shirt wouldn't do? No. But I still wear it every chance I get.

No comments: